Cash Payments (Paysafe) FAQ
Paysafe is an optional feature offered by Carpay that allows customers to make Cash payments at participating retail stores nearest to your borrowers. If you are a current Carpay dealer and would like to request more information, please reach out to your Customer Success Specialist.
- Can the customer dispute the cash payment? There are no chargeback risks involved with cash payments.
- Is there a limit on the volume that a dealership can take in cash payments? There is no limit on the total amount in cash payments a dealership can take. However, there are limits to how much a customer can pay per day. It is unlikely that your customer will hit their daily cash limit.
- How long until I receive my funding/cash processed? Funding takes 2 business days for the money to hit your dealership’s bank account, not including bank holidays.
- Is there a fee involved for the dealer to accept cash or use Paysafe? There is no cost for the dealership to accept cash. There is a $4 service fee that is paid by the customer.
- Can the customer generate a barcode on both the mobile app and online? Yes, it’s compatible with both the mobile app and online.
- Does the customer have to be a registered payer on Carpay to pay cash? The customer does not need to be a registered payer to make a cash payment. However, we advise that all customers register their account to make payments easier.
- When does the barcode expire? After 72 hours. If the payment is going to be made after 72 hours of the barcode being generated, the customer will need to generate a new barcode.
- How much can a customer pay with each barcode? The customer can make a minimum payment of $10 and maximum payment of $999 per barcode.
- Does the customer’s account get updated in Carpay when they make a cash payment? Yes, the customer’s account will reflect that they made an in-store cash payment. The payment's behavior will be the same as if they paid with a credit/debit card.
Taking Down Payments & Misc. Payments: Virtual Terminal
With Carpay you will also get a general virtual terminal for all payments that aren't part of the original installment contract. You can use the Virtual Terminal for things like: Down payments Tag/Title fees Repair bills Non-BHPH deals (cash car ...
Virtual Terminal: Taking Down Payments & Misc. Payments
With Carpay you will also get a generic virtual terminal for all payments that are not part of the original installment contract. Go to the "Taking Down Payments & Misc. Payments: Virtual Terminal" article.
How to Use Payment Requests
The Payment Requests feature allows you to create an invoice directly within the Carpay portal to easily send to your customers via text or email. Once you send the invoice to your customers, they will be able to make the payment right away! Payment ...
Taking Payments Over-the-Phone or In-Store
On your Carpay Dealer Dashboard, you will be able to take payments from your customers directly; over-the-phone and in-store. Click here to view the "Taking Payments Over-the-Phone and In-Store" support article.
Making a Payment on the Carpay App
The Carpay app provides a fast and easy way for customers to make a payment towards their loan and view past loan payments.